Young Ambassador Program
The Festival Young Ambassadors is a tradition of the festival - our lovely 'faces' of the Festival, who play an important role in helping to raise funds to keep the Festival financially viable.
Each Ambassador is sponsored by a business or organisation that supports their Ambassador in their Festival fundraising efforts.
The requirements of Young Ambassadors
- Male or Female
- Aged between 18-28 years
- A committee that will support you with you events to fund-raise
- A business that will support you as a sponsor and receive in return coverage of their business every time you are in the public eye, through your page on the festival website and social media links, print, radio & television notices, leading up to and for the duration of the festival. If successful this will follow through to the next festival when you will officially hand over to the next successful winner.
- And a commitment to help promote and support this festival by fund-raising
The benefits of being a Young Ambassador
- All the ambassadors have an incentive scheme paid to them on the monies they raise for the festival and these bonuses are collected after the festival.
- There is a clothing allowance of $500 payable after the ambassador raises $3,000 (excluding the nomination fee of $200) which is paid by the sponsor of the young ambassador.
- The two winners “Festival Ambassador” and “Fundraising Ambassador” each receive a travel prize.
- There is also an” Ambassadors Choice” award.
- All the ambassadors receive prizes from business around the Stanthorpe area for their participation as an entrant in the Apple and Grape Festival
- Along the way you will have fun and it only takes 9-10 months to achieve these wonderful outcomes.
- The Festival Committee offers a free Toastmasters course to help the young ambassadors to develop skills to hold conversations and speeches confidently in any situation
- Ambassadors develop self-awareness and presentation of themselves during the festival. They will also be able to participate in one Apple and Grape sub-committee, where they will learn skills such as, but not limited to finance, event planning and media skills which they will be able to utilise further into their lives and careers.
- The Ambassadors visit business around this area to gain knowledge, so they can speak confidently about the history and diversity of the Southern Downs.
The first public appearance is their presentation at the Stanthorpe races in October and here they are encouraged to try their new skills learned at speech craft. Following this there are many other activities where they will represent the Apple and Grape Harvest Festival.
At the end of the Festival they are presented with a certificate from the Stanthorpe Apple and Grape Harvest Festival stating that they were a young ambassador, which will be a great asset toward their resume.
If you have any questions about becoming an ambassador, or if you have a business that would like to sponsor a young ambassador, please contact Young Ambassador Director Samantha Wantling on 0439 420 289 or Young Ambassador Co-Director Kasey Charlton on 0491 092 932 or email email@example.com